The LEAD Course is a high-level leadership development course focused on the critical skills, awareness and perspective that will make all the difference to your success as a leader in the municipal utility industry. The course is designed for utility and/or city staff at all levels who lead and influence others in their work. Employees who currently have, or anticipate having, leadership responsibilities will gain the most from this curriculum.
The LEAD Course is $3,600 for the entire four-session program, which includes most materials and the assessment, as well as breakfasts, lunches and breaks. Missouri River Energy Services (MRES) will provide a 50/50 cost-share to MRES members who commit to the full course.
This is a one-year course. Those registering should fully intend to participate in each session, as they must be taken in the order given.
2024 Sessions & Topics
- April 17-18 — Collaboration (Getting the Most Out of Your Team) and Conflict (Working Through Difficult Times)
- June 19-20 — Communication (Presence of a Leader) and Character (The Mind of a Leader: Lenses)
- Aug. 14-15 — Change (How a Leader Navigates Change) and Mastering Accountability (Understanding and Equipping for this Critical Topic)
- Oct. 16-17 — Failing Versus Failure (Understanding the Differences Between These Two Terms and How They Create Positive and Negative Change in a Group) and Practicing Leadership
**Wednesday sessions are 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m., and Thursday sessions are 8:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
All sessions will be held in the board room of the MRES office building:
- Missouri River Energy Services
3724 W Avera Drive
Sioux Falls, SD 57108
Lodging is not included in the program fee. MRES has arranged discounted lodging ($119/night) for each session at the Homewood Suites hotel, right next to the MRES office:
Homewood Suites (by Hilton)
3620 W Avera Drive
Sioux Falls, SD 57108
For convenience, hotel reservations for this session can be made at the link below:
- Click here to make reservations for the October session
— Reservation deadline is Sept. 29
Registration is due by March 4, 2024. Class size is limited, and early registration is encouraged.
Register using the link below, or contact MRES Leadership Development & Strategic Planning Manager Marcy Douglas at email@example.com.