Supporting the Future
Missouri River Energy Services (MRES) has established a scholarship program to assist high school seniors with educational pursuits that are related to the electric industry.
The scholarship application opened Dec. 1, 2022 and closed March 15, 2023.
Up to 12 scholarships will be granted each year in two categories:
1) Scholarships for Full-Time Undergraduate Studies
Up to five (5) scholarships of $1,000 each will be awarded to high school seniors who meet the following qualifications:
- Must reside in a household receiving electric service from one of the 61 MRES member utilities. Residence eligibility may be verified by calling the city utility office or click here for a list of MRES member communities. Eligible high schools are designated by MRES.
- Must enroll in a full-time* undergraduate course of study at an accredited two- or four-year college, university or vocational-technical school no later than the fall of 2023.
Scholarships will be awarded to students pursuing courses of study for careers related to the electric industry, such as an electrical technician (field service technician, wind turbine maintenance, power plant maintenance, etc.), electrical engineer or other engineering disciplines, mathematics, science, energy management, or other related fields such as accounting, communications or economics.
Click MRES Scholarship Application to apply for the MRES Full-Time Undergraduate Scholarship:
2) Scholarships for Students in a Powerline/Lineworker Program
Up to seven (7) scholarships of $2,000 each will be awarded to students who meet the following qualifications:
- Must enroll in a full-time* Powerline/Lineworker Program at an eligible technical college no later than fall of 2023.
Eligible technical colleges include the following:
- Bismarck State College, Bismarck, North Dakota
- Dakota County Technical College, Rosemount, Minnesota
- Minnesota West Community and Technical College, Granite Falls, Minnesota
- Minnesota West Community and Technical College, Jackson, Minnesota
- Minnesota State Community and Technical College, Wadena, Minnesota
- Mitchell Technical College, Mitchell, South Dakota
- Northwest Iowa Community and Technical College, Sheldon, Iowa
Powerline/Lineworker scholarships are one-time only and not renewable. Applicants do not need to reside in a household receiving electric service from an MRES member utility.
*Full-time study is defined as full-time enrollment for the entire academic year.