We are committed to protecting the health and safety of our employees, our members, and their communities. We know that each of our members has made that same commitment as well. Therefore, MRES has decided to keep our Sioux Falls office closed through May 25, 2020. We hope to return to normal operations on May 26, 2020.
MRES employees are quarantined, but are working at home and are available for phone calls and webinars to answer your questions or to provide assistance. Please don’t hesitate to contact any of us.
This is our updated status as of May 8, 2020:
- The MRES office is closed through May 25, 2020.
- No public travel through the end of June.
- Distribution maintenance crews in member communities will continue to perform essential services only. Crew members are working alternating schedules when possible.
- MRES has issued letters for employees in essential roles to carry with them indicating their role and need to work.
- Power plants will continue normal operations using alternating crews when possible.
- MRES has developed “Shelter-in-Place” plans for essential personnel if that action becomes necessary.
MRES has created a repository of actions members have taken regarding protection of their employees and special considerations for customers in the Members-Only section of the MRES website. If you haven’t already done so, please send your related policies to Valerie.Larson-Holmes@mrenergy.com. And, if you have questions for your colleagues, please use the Manager’s Electronic Discussion group by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Just as public power utilities have always done during snowstorms, ice storms, and tornadoes, MRES Members and Associates are keeping the lights on and the water running, meeting your customer’s needs, and supporting your communities, while protecting the safety and health of your employees. MRES is also working to do our part to help stop the spread of the COVID-19 virus and we appreciate your patience and understanding as we make adjustments in an effort to serve you better.
We are sending wishes and prayers that all of you stay safe and healthy!
If you have any questions, please contact Joni Livingston at joni.livingston@mrenergy or 605-261-3637 (cell).