MRES Technology Days 2023
Tech Days returns this year and will take place Sept. 27-28 at the Hilton Garden Inn Downtown in Sioux Falls, South Dakota.
DAY 1 – Wednesday, Sept. 27
9 a.m. – Noon
Noon – 12:50 p.m.
1 – 1:15 p.m.
– Tim Blodgett, vice president of member services & communications
1:15 – 2 p.m.
Back to the Basics of Energy Efficiency and Electrification
It’s been 15 years since Missouri River Energy Services (MRES) launched the Bright Energy Solutions (BES) program. Learn (or be reminded) about why we offer these incentive programs, and what’s in it for MRES, your utility and your customers.
– Shannon Murfield, director of energy services
2 – 3 p.m.
The Long and Winding Road: EV Adoption in MRES Communities
Are electric vehicles (EVs) making inroads in MRES communities? Hear about projections, opportunities, challenges and how your utility can prepare for the future.
– Kurt Hauser, energy services technical supervisor, and Darlene Weber-Scott, energy services technical specialist
3 – 3:15
3:15 – 4 p.m.
Load Management & AMI: The Time is Now
More frequent power market emergency alerts are putting increasing pressure on utilities to shed load quickly and effectively. There’s never been a better time to find out what load management and Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI) can do for your utility.
– Brad Lingen, smart grid technical supervisor
4 – 4:30 p.m.
Beyond Lighting: Lesser-Known Rebates with Big Savings
Do you want to help local businesses save energy and earn rebates, but their lighting is already updated? This session will cover
less-popular technologies that pack a big punch in terms of savings or rebates.
– Kurt Hauser
4:30 – 4:40 p.m.
4:40 – 5:15 p.m.
2023 WattSTAR Awards
Join the party as we recognize members’ achievements since the 2021 awards.
– Hosted by BES staff
6 – 8 p.m.
WattSTAR After-Party & Dinner
301 S Phillips Ave
Sioux Falls, SD 57104
DAY 2 – Thursday, Sept. 28
7 – 7:55 a.m.
8 – 9:45
Tech Talks: 10-Minute Quick Hits
- 1. New BES Website
– Beth Omanson, energy services field representative
- 2. Compressed Air Leak Surveys
– Rick Bueltel, energy services tech II
- 3. MRES Ambassador Program
– Jody Peck, member services representative
4. Customer Distributed Generation
– Shannon Murfield
- 5. Transformer Maintenance
– Kevin Konda, energy services tech
- 6. Customer Communications Preferences
– Valerie Larson-Holmes, director of communications
- 7. Rapid Imaging
– Randy Hewitt, energy services tech
- 8. Artificial Intelligence
– Lisa Fischer, field representative supervisor
- 9. Air-Source Heat Pumps
– Jesse Robertson, energy services technical specialist
9:45 – 10
10 – 10:45
The Next Big Things in Energy Efficiency
Hear about emerging technologies that could make homes and businesses more efficient, like intelligent efficiency, smart buildings and smart manufacturing.
– Kurt Hauser
10:45 – 11:45
The Richest Man in the World
– V.J. Smith, professional speaker, author and former state senator from Brookings, S.D.
11:45 – Noon
Evaluations & Door Prizes
Noon – 1
Register for Tech Days by Aug. 11 by using the form below or by contacting Lisa Korthals at 605-338-4042 or email@example.com. If you register online, you will receive an email confirming your registration.
The registration fee of $50 includes all meals. Registered attendees are invited to bring a guest(s) to the WattSTAR After-Party & Dinner for an additional $25 per guest.
MRES Group Rate (through Aug. 26):
- $154 (king) or $144 (two queens)
- Call the Hilton Garden Inn Downtown at 605-444-4704. Be sure to mention “MRES Group” to receive group rate.
- CLICK HERE to make your room reservations directly with the Hilton Garden Inn Downtown.
The Hilton Garden Inn has an indoor pool, spa tub, 24-hour fitness center and complimentary Wi-Fi. Tech Days attendees can park at the hotel (outside or underground) at no charge during the day. The fee to park overnight will be $4 per vehicle per night for Tech Days attendees (a 50% discount over the regular $8/night fee).
Situated along the Big Sioux River and the River Walk, the hotel is within walking distance of many great eating/drinking establishments and attractions. Visit the Downtown Sioux Falls website at dtsf.com for more information.
Hilton Garden Inn Downtown
201 E 8th Street
Sioux Falls, SD 57103