The 2023 Supervisor Essentials course is FULL! Please contact Marcy Douglas at email@example.com to be placed on the list for the 2024 class.
The Missouri River Energy Services (MRES) Supervisor Essentials course emphasizes the tools, knowledge and connections for new leaders to accelerate the transition into a supervisory role. This structure encourages participation, collaboration, creativity, leadership skills and a sense of community.
Who should attend?
The Supervisor Essentials course is geared specifically toward frontline staff either in the field as line crew (electric, water, wastewater, street) or front office in customer service. It is for supervisors or managers or those aspiring to move up to a position as a crew leader or supervisor.
The course fee is $2,600 for the entire four-session course, which includes most materials, the assessment, breakfasts, lunches and breaks. MRES will provide a 50-50 cost-share to MRES members who commit to the full course.
Session 2 — Interpersonal Supervisory Skills 1
June 14: 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
June 15: 8:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
This course includes three modules:
- Getting Employee Commitment — Provides training on how to establish specific and measurable objectives which will gain employee acceptance
- Giving Orders & Instructions — Shows trainees, step-by-step, how to issue orders and instructions effectively
- Delegating Effectively — Explores the when, whom and what of delegating and how to use delegation as a motivational tool
Lodging is not included in the program fee. MRES has arranged discounted lodging for each session at the Homewood Suites hotel, right next to the MRES office:
Homewood Suites (by Hilton)
3620 W Avera Drive
Sioux Falls, SD 57108
Room rates are $125 for a studio queen room, $135 for a king suite and $140 for a double queen suite. Taxes and fees are additional. To make your hotel reservations, please click on the links below.
- Click here to make reservations for the May session
— Reservation deadline is April 11
- Click here to make reservations for the June session
— Reservation deadline is May 23
- Click here to make reservations for the August session
— Reservation deadline is July 11
- Click here to make reservations for the October session
— Reservation deadline is Sept. 12