Time: 11:00 AM
Make plans to attend the 2018 MRES® Municipal Leadership Academy! Learn about governance practices for policy makers, utility management, and the relationship between your municipal utility and MRES.
LEADERSHIP ACADEMY TOPICS
Wednesday, Sept. 19
• MRES Overview • MRES Contractual Services
• Western Area Power Administration • Cyber Security
• Power Purchasing and Transmission • Bright Energy Solutions®
• Power Supply Contracts and Electric Rates • Energy Services
Thursday, Sept. 20
Governing for Excellence with Tim Blodgett, American Public Power Association
• Governing in a Changing Industry • Legal and Fiduciary Responsibilities
• Public Power and Local Government • Strategic Direction
• Requirements of Effective Governance • Future of Public Power
Who should attend? New or recently hired utility managers, city managers, mid-level managers, utility board members, and city council members. This course is the same as the one offered in 2017.
Register online at www.mrenergy.com by Sept. 7. Or register by contacting Lisa Korthals at 800/678-4042, or firstname.lastname@example.org. If you register online, you will receive an email confirming your registration. The registration fee is $99 per person. The fee includes all materials and the Leadership Academy educational toolkit. If your utility has previously received the toolkit, you will receive any updated or new publications that have been added or replaced in the toolkit.
ROOM RESERVATIONS: Please call the Hampton Inn Sioux Falls at 605/362-1700 to reserve your sleeping room at the rate of $118 plus taxes. Mention Missouri River Energy Services to secure your room rate. The block of sleeping rooms will be held until Aug. 18, 2018.
QUESTIONS? Contact Marcy Douglas at 218/791-2963 or email@example.com.