Mark your calendars and make plans to attend the 53rd MRES Annual Meeting scheduled for May 9 and 10 at the Sioux Falls Convention Center. Among the featured speakers will be:
- Mike Hyland, senior vice president of engineering services at the American Public Power Association, who will discuss mutual aid and restoration efforts as a result of 2017 hurricanes, cyber security, the APPA Reliable Public Power Providers (RP3) program, and more.
- Bruce Hennes, managing partner and CEO of Hennes Communications, who will offer a highly strategic approach to crisis management and crisis communications for a wide variety of situations that could face municipal utilities.
- Doug Hunter, CEO and general manager of the Utah Associated Municipal Power Systems (UAMPS), who will discuss the country’s next generation of advanced nuclear reactors, including potentially game-changing advanced small modular reactors (SMRs).
- Marty Kanner, president of Kanner & Associates, who will provide an update on federal legislative issues of concern for MRES and its members.
- Mark Gabriel, administrator and CEO of the Western Area Power Administration (WAPA), who will report on WAPA’s rates, the status of the Purchased Power & Wheeling Fund, and WAPA’s experience in the Southwest Power Pool energy market.
Register below, or call the MRES office at 800-678-4042. Registration is due April 27. The fee is $50 per person for the annual meeting events, and $25 per person for guests attending the reception.
Room Reservations »
Please make room reservations directly with the Sheraton hotel by calling 605-331-0100 by April 17. Be sure to ask for the MRES block room rate of $124, plus taxes.
Contact Jody Peck at MRES by emailing her at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by calling her at 800-678-4042.