Location: Sioux Falls
Exira Station is a peaking power station utilizing GE LM6000 gas turbines. This position is responsible for operating, maintaining, and repairing the Exira Station to ensure it sustains the highest level of operating status. The Operations and Maintenance Technician (O&M Tech) works primarily Monday through Friday, primarily days and is required to be on call 24 hours/day on a rotational basis. This is a non-exempt position reporting to the Exira Station Plant Manager. Key job responsibilities include:
- Operates the plant and associated equipment for energy production.
- Evaluates and performs the testing, troubleshooting, repair, and maintenance associated with the plant’s control, electrical, and mechanical systems and facilities.
- Assists with installing equipment modifications and improvements.
- Follows MRES approved safety practices and procedures, and communicates unsafe conditions.
- Completes the maintenance for all buildings and grounds.
- Assists with the purchasing, receipt, inspection and documentation of supplies and materials.
- Oversees projects and prepares documentation associated with the plant.
- Minimum of five years of work experience with controls and/or electrical equipment, or in an electrical trade. Allen Bradley PLC/Control Logix experience a plus.
- Associate’s degree or equivalent experience in mechanical, electrical, or instrumentation maintenance.
- Demonstrated trouble-shooting and problem-solving abilities.
- Proven analytical skills and a strong detail orientation.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills.
- High level of initiative and a collaborative work style.
- Organizational and project management capabilities.
- Experience with an asset management system and Microsoft Office.
- Reside within 30 minutes of the plant.
- Be on call on a rotational basis 24 hours/day to respond to emergency situations.
- Current valid state driver’s license.
- Stand, walk, or bend for extended periods of time and work at heights in confined areas.
- Lift objects weighing 50 pounds.
- Normal color vision.
- Handle or work with toxic/hazardous substances, operate and work around energized equipment.
- Work outdoors in all types of weather.
Please submit your resume and cover letter describing how you meet the qualifications for the position to email@example.com.