Energy Services Technician
Missouri River Energy Services (MRES) is a joint-action agency headquartered in Sioux Falls, S.D., serving 61 members located in Iowa, Minnesota, North Dakota, and South Dakota. We are dedicated to supplying our members with reliable, cost effective, long term energy and energy services in a fiscally responsible and environmentally sensitive manner. We are adding another Energy Services (ES) Technician to our team given the increased interest in our services.
The ES Technician provides a variety of non-invasive maintenance services to MRES members, their customers, and others to improve their energy efficiency and operational reliability. It is a hands-on positon that performs inspections, analyzes systems to determine current conditions, identifies potential problems, recommends solutions, and prepares reports. The ES Technician may be based out of a home office for individuals who reside outside of Sioux Falls and reside within the MRES member footprint.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Minimum of five years of mechanical and/or electrical experience in the commercial, industrial, maintenance, or engineering fields.
- Solid mechanical aptitude with a basic understanding of electrical, mechanical, or compressed air systems.
- Exceptional analytical, problem solving and troubleshooting skills; detail oriented.
- Outstanding interpersonal, relationship building, and customer service competencies.
- Self-motivated, collaborative style, high level of initiative and ability to work independently.
- Excellent verbal, written, and public presentation skills; ability to concisely and clearly articulate recommendations.
- Effective planning and organizational skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint; utilize proprietary reporting applications.
- Ability to perform diagnostic services utilizing any or all of these disciplines: infrared thermography, motor testing, ultrasonic leak detection, ultrasonic partial discharge testing, or ultrasonic arcing/corona/tracking.
- Ability to travel up to 75% of the time by motor vehicle; includes 8-12 overnight trips per month.
- Must reside within the MRES member footprint. Refer to the member map located on our website at http://www.mrenergy.com for details.
- Must have a high school diploma or GED.
- Schedule is generally 40 hours/week, worked between Monday-Friday; 10 hour workdays.
- Be able to utilize and care for basic and specialized hand tools.
- Able to obtain accredited certifications in one diagnostic service discipline within the first six months; ability to achieve other certifications as required.
- Ability to work in various environments, confined areas, and elevated surfaces/heights for extended periods of time; some work outdoors.
- Ability to lift and carry equipment/products up to 50 lbs.
- Able to see and hear at a level sufficient to perform duties of the position.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Experience working with electric motors and product transfer pumps.
- Current certification in infrared, ultrasonic, motor circuit analysis or vibration testing.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your resume along with a cover letter describing your qualifications to email@example.com.
Fraudulent Job Posting Alert!
A fraudulent job posting for a Receptionist/Administrative Assistant for Missouri River Energy Services (MRES) has been posted and remains active on siouxfalls.craiglist.org. This job posting was not made by MRES and it is not valid. The fraudulent posting has been reported to the proper authorities and the posting has been flagged on craigslist. Please DO NOT reply to the email address listed in the posting and DO NOT provide any personal information if you are contacted about this job.
MRES does not advertise job openings on craigslist. If you have any inquiries about job openings at MRES, please refer to the CAREERS section of the MRES website at www.mrenergy.com.
MRES is an Equal Opportunity Employer
P.O. Box 88920
Sioux Falls, SD 57109-8920
Or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org