Receptionist / Administrative Assistant
The Receptionist/Administrative Assistant position performs switchboard and office receptionist services as well as secretarial/clerical support activities for the company. Located at the front desk, this role is the initial MRES contact with the public, as well as our members and Board of Directors. The main responsibility of this position is to provide office receptionist and switchboard support. Other key duties include preparing, proofing, maintaining, and filing of business documentation/presentations; handling various communications and correspondence; preparing outgoing mail, coordinating various meetings/events, maintaining the company calendar, and ordering and stocking of office supplies. This position reports to the Office Administrator.
The Receptionist/Administrative Assistant also provides data entry support, updates various directories and databases, maintains petty cash, orders meals for on-site meetings, and assists with projects as requested. This position also provides coverage for other Administrative Assistants.
Qualifications for the Receptionist/Administrative Assistant position include:
• Outstanding personal interaction skills.
• Exceptional phone etiquette.
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Strong organizational skills, including attention to detail and thorough follow-up.
• Customer centric approach and capable of anticipating needs.
• Demonstrated computer competence including intermediate level experience using Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Successfully handle multiple competing priorities.
• Collaborative work style and the ability to interact well within a team environment.
• Sound judgment, decision-making, and problem-solving abilities.
• Solid grammar, typing, punctuation, spelling, filing and proof reading skills.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Three years of related administrative assistant experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Please submit your resume and cover letter describing how you meet the qualifications for the position by October 12th, 2015 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
MRES is an Equal Opportunity Employer
P.O. Box 88920
Sioux Falls, SD 57109-8920
Or via e-mail at email@example.com