Energy Systems Administrator
This is a new position added to our Information Technology function which is located at our corporate headquarters office in Sioux Falls, SD. Key responsibilities include:
- Providing development, operation and support of the inter-utility technology architectures including SCADA, ICCP, and Generation Asset Management platforms, and maintaining quality assurance and integrity of related data.
- Coordinating and implementing real-time data modeling, operational data flow, and system configurations on communication and telemetry platforms.
- Facilitates outsourcing and provides project management for consultants and external stakeholders.
- Researches, implements, and maintain regulatory compliance methodologies.
Must have background, experience, and/or working knowledge in the U.S. electric utility industry plus the following areas to be considered:
- NERC, FERC, electric reliability, and CIP regulatory compliance
- Electric power market and concepts (ISOs, RTOs, DIR, ACG, etc.)
- Real-time data modeling and energy metering architecture
- Telemetry, SCADA, and CDR/AMI infrastructure operation
- IEC TC 57 standards; particularly IEC 60870-5 and IEC 61850
- ICCP TASE.2, DNP3, Modbus, and TCP/IP protocols
- Microsoft Server, Microsoft WSFC, IIS, and Apache administration
- Open-source languages including HTML, Python, PHP, etc.
- Microsoft Office products
Experience, knowledge, or familiarity in these areas is a plus, but is not required:
- EMS, OMS, DMS, DCS, MDMS, DERMS or GMS platforms
- GE, SEL, Schneider Electric, Siemens, Cisco and Digi equipment
- Associate or Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, or a closely related discipline.
Required competencies to be successful in this position:
- Analytical and critical thinking skills
- Problem-solving capabilities
- Manage complex projects and competing priorities
- High-detail orientation
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Translate business requirements into technical solutions and clearly articulate technical requirements
- Exceptional relationship building and interpersonal skills combined with a collaborative work style
- Focused on providing an excellent customer experience
Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.
MRES is an Equal Opportunity Employer
P.O. Box 88920
Sioux Falls, SD 57109-8920
Or via e-mail at email@example.com