Transmission Engineer, Electrical Power Systems
Missouri River Energy Services (MRES) is a joint-action agency supporting 60 member municipalities that own and operate their own electric distribution systems. We are dedicated to supplying our members with reliable, cost effective, long term energy and energy services in a fiscally responsible and environmentally effective manner. MRES offers a flexible and friendly work environment that promotes a long lasting career which is demonstrated by our 98 percent employee retention. We provide competitive salaries and a comprehensive/low cost benefits package with unique offerings not found at other employer. We invest in our employees with ongoing training and development.
The Transmission Engineer is responsible for monitoring and evaluating changes on the transmission system that impact the facilities owned by MRES and those of our members. The position requires close coordination with multiple electric utilities in two different regional transmission organizations. The position requires five years’ experience with power system planning and operations processes. The applicant must have thorough working knowledge of PSS®E software. The applicant must have experience scoping, participating in, and leading planning studies with other electric utilities and interacting with regional transmission organizations. The responsibilities include project management for consultants and external stakeholders on project impacting MRES and our members. The position is also responsible to research, implement, document and maintain regulatory compliance plans and procedures. This is an exempt position reporting to the Manager of Transmission Services.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
· Demonstrated knowledge of NERC, FERC, electric reliability, and CIP regulatory compliance.
· Proficient knowledge of electric power market and concepts.
· Familiarity with power system equipment characteristics for modeling and analysis purposes.
· Working knowledge of open-source languages including Python, Visual Basic, etc.
· Experience with Microsoft Office products.
· Bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, or a closely related discipline.
· Demonstrated abilities in complex project management.
· Ability to successfully manage competing priorities.
· Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
· Capability to translate business requirements into technical solutions and clearly articulate technical requirements.
· Experience and/or working knowledge of the electric utility industry.
· Experience with EMS, MOD, and Webtool modeling applications, is a plus.
· Experience working with MRO, MISO and SPP.
Please submit your resume and cover letter describing how you meet the qualifications for the position to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Manager, Human Resources
MRES is seeking applications for the Manager, Human Resources. The position requires a minimum of 10 years progressive experience in planning, developing, implementing, and evaluating human resource policies, programs and practices, including wage & salary and benefits plans. Experience in employee relations, recruitment, performance, training and retention is also required. Knowledge and experience in the development, implementation and administration of programs to comply with state and federal regulatory requirements is preferred. Experience in facility services is a plus. An HR or related business degree and professional certification as PHR or SPHR are required. Competitive salary and excellent benefits including health, dental, disability, life and 401(K) retirement plans.
Please send your resume to email@example.com.
Exira Station Senior Operations and Maintenance Technician - Southwest Iowa
MRES is adding a new position at our power facility located near Brayton, Iowa. Exira Station is a peaking power station utilizing GE LM6000 gas turbines. The Senior Operations & Maintenance Technician operates, maintains, and repairs the Exira Station ensuring it sustains the highest level of operating status, and is also responsible for various reporting, purchasing, and documentation for the plant. This position works primarily days Monday through Friday, and is required to be on call 24 hours/day on a rotational basis. This is a non-exempt position reporting to the Exira Station Plant Manager. Key job responsibilities include:
• Operates and oversees the plant and associated equipment for energy production.
• Evaluates and performs the testing, troubleshooting, repair, maintenance and preventive maintenance associated with the plant’s control, electrical, and mechanical systems and facilities.
• Assists with installing equipment modifications and improvements.
• Follows MRES approved safety practices and procedures, and communicates unsafe conditions.
• Assists with the purchasing, receipt, inspection and documentation of supplies and materials.
• Oversees projects and prepares documentation associated with the plant.
• Performs and oversees the maintenance for all buildings and grounds.
• Purchases supplies and materials and maintains inventory control records.
• Maintains the Enterprise Asset Management System.
• Create and close out work orders and maintains preventive maintenance documentation.
• Prepares records required for regulatory and business reporting, testing and documentation.
• Ten years of work experience with controls and/or electrical equipment, or in an electrical trade. Gas turbine or power plant experience is preferred.
• Associate’s degree or equivalent advanced education in mechanical, electrical, or instrumentation maintenance.
• Demonstrated trouble-shooting and problem-solving abilities.
• Proven analytical skills and a strong detail orientation.
• Solid written and verbal communication skills.
• High level of initiative and a collaborative work style.
• Organizational and project management capabilities.
• Experience with an asset management system and Microsoft Office.
• Reside within 30 minutes of the plant.
• Be on call on a rotational basis 24 hours/day to respond to emergency situations.
• Current valid state driver’s license.
• Stand, walk, or bend for extended periods of time and work at heights in confined areas.
• Lift objects weighing 50 pounds.
• Normal color vision.
• Handle or work with toxic/hazardous substances, operate and work around energized equipment.
• Work outdoors in all types of weather.
• Perform a variety of job tasks necessary to maintain plant grounds and equipment at a minimal staffed facility.
Please send your cover letter and resume describing your qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Energy Systems Administrator
This is a new position being added to our IT function located at our corporate headquarters.
Key responsibilities include:
- Providing development, operation and support of the inter-utility technology architectures including SCADA, ICCP, and Generation Asset Management platforms, and maintaining quality assurance and integrity of related data.
- Coordinating and implementing real-time data modeling, operational data flow, and system configurations on communication and telemetry platforms.
- Facilitates outsourcing and provides project management for consultants and external stakeholders.
- Researches, implements, and maintain regulatory compliance methodologies.
Background, experience and/or working knowledge in the following areas is desired:
- Electric utility industry
- NERC, FERC, electric reliability, and CIP regulatory compliance
- Electric power market and concepts (ISOs, RTOs, DIR, ACG, etc.)
- Real-time data modeling and energy metering architecture
- Telemetry, SCADA, and CDR/AMI infrastructure operation
- IEC TC 57 standards; particularly IEC 60870-5 and IEC 61850
- ICCP TASE.2, DNP3, Modbus, and TCP/IP protocols
- Microsoft Server, Microsoft WSFC, IIS, and Apache administration
- Open-source languages including HTML, Python, PHP, etc.
- Microsoft Office products
- EMS, OMS, DMS, DCS, MDMS, DERMS or GMS platforms
- GE, SEL, Schneider Electric, Siemens, Cisco and Digi equipment
- Associate or Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, or a closely related discipline.
Competencies to be successful in this position:
- Analytical and critical thinking skills
- Problem solving capabilities
- Manage complex projects and competing priorities
- High detail orientation
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Translate business requirements into technical solutions and clearly articulate technical requirements
- Exceptional relationship building and interpersonal skills combined with a collaborative work style.
- Focused on providing an excellent customer experience
For consideration, send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com
MRES is an Equal Opportunity Employer
P.O. Box 88920
Sioux Falls, SD 57109-8920
Or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org