Exira Station Senior Operations and Maintenance Technician - Southwest Iowa
MRES is adding a new position at our power facility located near Brayton, Iowa. Exira Station is a peaking power station utilizing GE LM6000 gas turbines. The Senior Operations & Maintenance Technician operates, maintains, and repairs the Exira Station ensuring it sustains the highest level of operating status, and is also responsible for various reporting, purchasing, and documentation for the plant. This position works primarily days Monday through Friday, and is required to be on call 24 hours/day on a rotational basis. This is a non-exempt position reporting to the Exira Station Plant Manager. Key job responsibilities include:
• Operates and oversees the plant and associated equipment for energy production.
• Evaluates and performs the testing, troubleshooting, repair, maintenance and preventive maintenance associated with the plant’s control, electrical, and mechanical systems and facilities.
• Assists with installing equipment modifications and improvements.
• Follows MRES approved safety practices and procedures, and communicates unsafe conditions.
• Assists with the purchasing, receipt, inspection and documentation of supplies and materials.
• Oversees projects and prepares documentation associated with the plant.
• Performs and oversees the maintenance for all buildings and grounds.
• Purchases supplies and materials and maintains inventory control records.
• Maintains the Enterprise Asset Management System.
• Create and close out work orders and maintains preventive maintenance documentation.
• Prepares records required for regulatory and business reporting, testing and documentation.
• Ten years of work experience with controls and/or electrical equipment, or in an electrical trade. Gas turbine or power plant experience is preferred.
• Associate’s degree or equivalent advanced education in mechanical, electrical, or instrumentation maintenance.
• Demonstrated trouble-shooting and problem-solving abilities.
• Proven analytical skills and a strong detail orientation.
• Solid written and verbal communication skills.
• High level of initiative and a collaborative work style.
• Organizational and project management capabilities.
• Experience with an asset management system and Microsoft Office.
• Reside within 30 minutes of the plant.
• Be on call on a rotational basis 24 hours/day to respond to emergency situations.
• Current valid state driver’s license.
• Stand, walk, or bend for extended periods of time and work at heights in confined areas.
• Lift objects weighing 50 pounds.
• Normal color vision.
• Handle or work with toxic/hazardous substances, operate and work around energized equipment.
• Work outdoors in all types of weather.
• Perform a variety of job tasks necessary to maintain plant grounds and equipment at a minimal staffed facility.
Please send your cover letter and resume describing your qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Energy Systems Administrator
This is a new position being added to our IT function located at our corporate headquarters.
Key responsibilities include:
- Providing development, operation and support of the inter-utility technology architectures including SCADA, ICCP, and Generation Asset Management platforms, and maintaining quality assurance and integrity of related data.
- Coordinating and implementing real-time data modeling, operational data flow, and system configurations on communication and telemetry platforms.
- Facilitates outsourcing and provides project management for consultants and external stakeholders.
- Researches, implements, and maintain regulatory compliance methodologies.
Background, experience and/or working knowledge in the following areas is desired:
- Electric utility industry
- NERC, FERC, electric reliability, and CIP regulatory compliance
- Electric power market and concepts (ISOs, RTOs, DIR, ACG, etc.)
- Real-time data modeling and energy metering architecture
- Telemetry, SCADA, and CDR/AMI infrastructure operation
- IEC TC 57 standards; particularly IEC 60870-5 and IEC 61850
- ICCP TASE.2, DNP3, Modbus, and TCP/IP protocols
- Microsoft Server, Microsoft WSFC, IIS, and Apache administration
- Open-source languages including HTML, Python, PHP, etc.
- Microsoft Office products
- EMS, OMS, DMS, DCS, MDMS, DERMS or GMS platforms
- GE, SEL, Schneider Electric, Siemens, Cisco and Digi equipment
- Associate or Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, or a closely related discipline.
Competencies to be successful in this position:
- Analytical and critical thinking skills
- Problem solving capabilities
- Manage complex projects and competing priorities
- High detail orientation
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Translate business requirements into technical solutions and clearly articulate technical requirements
- Exceptional relationship building and interpersonal skills combined with a collaborative work style.
- Focused on providing an excellent customer experience
For consideration, send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com
MRES is an Equal Opportunity Employer
P.O. Box 88920
Sioux Falls, SD 57109-8920
Or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org