Communications and Marketing Intern
Missouri River Energy Services (MRES) is an organization that sells electricity and other energy-related services to 60 communities in Iowa, Minnesota, North Dakota, and South Dakota. MRES is based in Sioux Falls, S.D.
Some of the responsibilities may include:
o Assist in writing and design of marketing materials, including print, online, and other collateral materials
o Assist in planning and writing the organization’s newsletters
o Assist with public power awareness campaign
o Assist with updating and maintaining social media efforts
o Assist with writing and production of corporate brochures
o Take photos in a number of MRES member communities
o Take videos of member lineworkers and other staff on the job
o Assist in development of “how-to” energy efficiency videos
The Communications Intern has the opportunity to work with and learn from MRES staff about corporate communications. MRES staff will mentor the intern and help him/her prioritize tasks and focus on multiple projects and deadlines.
Qualifications: MRES is seeking a candidate who is pursuing a degree in communications and/or graphic design
· Completed or working toward a college degree in Marketing and/or Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, or Graphic Design. Students will preferably have at least a junior-year standing
· Previous internship or related experience in marketing or communications is a plus
· Experience/proficiency with video editing software, and Adobe® Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop is desired
· Exceptional written and interpersonal communication skills
· Firm grasp of available tools and platforms in social media
· Must be able to work independently and cooperatively with others
Hours: 40 hours per week during the summer. Schedule is negotiable.
Compensation: This position is an hourly paid position.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. The deadline to apply is Wednesday, March 1, 2017.
Generation Summer Intern
Missouri River Energy Services (MRES) is seeking a student in the Mechanical Engineering program for a full-time summer internship in our Generation department located in our corporate office in Sioux Falls, S.D. The position begins in mid-May and goes through mid-August.
In this position you will be working on a variety of projects dealing with generation facilities owned by MRES and its member municipalities. This may include short-term responsibilities involving any or all of the following: research, process development, 2-D and 3-D modeling, data entry, and documentation.
You will be primarily working in an office environment. There may be some field work which could include light lifting, infrequent climbing, and occasional exposure to temperature and noise.
- Demonstrated CAD drafting skills (some on-the-job experience is preferred)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office - Word, Excel and Access
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Desire to pursue a career in the energy industry
- Must at least be in your sophomore year
Please send your resume and a cover letter explaining your qualifications firstname.lastname@example.org, The deadline to apply is Friday, Feb. 17, 2017.
Energy Systems Administrator
This is a new position being added to our IT function located at our corporate headquarters.
Key responsibilities include:
- Providing development, operation and support of the inter-utility technology architectures including SCADA, ICCP, and Generation Asset Management platforms, and maintaining quality assurance and integrity of related data.
- Coordinating and implementing real-time data modeling, operational data flow, and system configurations on communication and telemetry platforms.
- Facilitates outsourcing and provides project management for consultants and external stakeholders.
- Researches, implements, and maintain regulatory compliance methodologies.
Background, experience and/or working knowledge in the following areas is desired:
- Electric utility industry
- NERC, FERC, electric reliability, and CIP regulatory compliance
- Electric power market and concepts (ISOs, RTOs, DIR, ACG, etc.)
- Real-time data modeling and energy metering architecture
- Telemetry, SCADA, and CDR/AMI infrastructure operation
- IEC TC 57 standards; particularly IEC 60870-5 and IEC 61850
- ICCP TASE.2, DNP3, Modbus, and TCP/IP protocols
- Microsoft Server, Microsoft WSFC, IIS, and Apache administration
- Open-source languages including HTML, Python, PHP, etc.
- Microsoft Office products
- EMS, OMS, DMS, DCS, MDMS, DERMS or GMS platforms
- GE, SEL, Schneider Electric, Siemens, Cisco and Digi equipment
- Associate or Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, or a closely related discipline.
Competencies to be successful in this position:
- Analytical and critical thinking skills
- Problem solving capabilities
- Manage complex projects and competing priorities
- High detail orientation
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Translate business requirements into technical solutions and clearly articulate technical requirements
- Exceptional relationship building and interpersonal skills combined with a collaborative work style.
- Focused on providing an excellent customer experience
For consideration, send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com
MRES is an Equal Opportunity Employer
P.O. Box 88920
Sioux Falls, SD 57109-8920
Or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org