Generation Summer Internship
Missouri River Energy Services (MRES) is seeking a student in the Mechanical Engineering program for a full-time summer internship in our Generation department located in our corporate office in Sioux Falls, S.D. The position begins in mid-May and goes through mid-August.
In this position you will be working on a variety of projects dealing with generation facilities owned by MRES and its member municipalities. This may include short-term responsibilities involving any or all of the following: research, process development, 2-D and 3-D modeling, data entry, and documentation.
You will be primarily working in an office environment. There may be some field work which could include light lifting, infrequent climbing, and occasional exposure to temperature and noise.
- Demonstrated CAD drafting skills (some on-the-job experience is preferred)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office - Word, Excel and Access
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Desire to pursue a career in the energy industry
- Must at least be in your sophomore year
Please send your resume and a cover letter explaining your qualifications firstname.lastname@example.org, The deadline to apply is Friday, Feb. 17, 2017.
Energy Services Technical Specialist
As an Energy Services Technical Specialist, you will provide technical assistance to trade allies, MRES members, retail customers and the Energy Services team to support energy service programs, which includes Bright Energy Solutions® (BES). You will also establish and enhance relationships with MRES members by supporting key account programs and other energy related services. Key responsibilities include:
- Performing lighting audits and detailing proposed replacements
- Coordinating contractor bidding and implementation of proposals
- Working with member utilities to implement and market the BES program
- Visiting key accounts
- Documenting information in the MRES tracking and data management system
- Minimum of four years of technical experience in one or more of these areas: energy efficiency, commercial lighting, commercial heating & cooling, or facility operations.
- Reside or be able to travel on a regular basis within the southeast South Dakota and northern Iowa MRES membership area. Refer to the member map available on our website at for details.
- Establishment of a home office within your residence
- Ability to travel 60% of the time with personal motor vehicle; may include two overnight trips per month.
- Associate’s degree in electrical technology (electrician), electrical construction design, HVAC technology, or mechanical engineering technology. Consideration will be given to closely related education and/or equivalent professional work experience.
- Outstanding interpersonal and relationship building competencies.
- Demonstrated abilities in sound judgment, decision making, problem solving, and critical thinking.
- Strong analytical and mathematical skills.
- Collaborative work style with a focus on customer needs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Solid organizational and project management abilities.
- Intermediate skill level with Microsoft Office Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
Please submit your resume and cover letter describing how you meet the requirements for the position to email@example.com.
Energy Systems Administrator
This is a new position being added to our IT function located at our corporate headquarters.
Key responsibilities include:
- Providing development, operation and support of the inter-utility technology architectures including SCADA, ICCP, and Generation Asset Management platforms, and maintaining quality assurance and integrity of related data.
- Coordinating and implementing real-time data modeling, operational data flow, and system configurations on communication and telemetry platforms.
- Facilitates outsourcing and provides project management for consultants and external stakeholders.
- Researches, implements, and maintain regulatory compliance methodologies.
Background, experience and/or working knowledge in the following areas is desired:
- Electric utility industry
- NERC, FERC, electric reliability, and CIP regulatory compliance
- Electric power market and concepts (ISOs, RTOs, DIR, ACG, etc.)
- Real-time data modeling and energy metering architecture
- Telemetry, SCADA, and CDR/AMI infrastructure operation
- IEC TC 57 standards; particularly IEC 60870-5 and IEC 61850
- ICCP TASE.2, DNP3, Modbus, and TCP/IP protocols
- Microsoft Server, Microsoft WSFC, IIS, and Apache administration
- Open-source languages including HTML, Python, PHP, etc.
- Microsoft Office products
- EMS, OMS, DMS, DCS, MDMS, DERMS or GMS platforms
- GE, SEL, Schneider Electric, Siemens, Cisco and Digi equipment
- Associate or Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, or a closely related discipline.
Competencies to be successful in this position:
- Analytical and critical thinking skills
- Problem solving capabilities
- Manage complex projects and competing priorities
- High detail orientation
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Translate business requirements into technical solutions and clearly articulate technical requirements
- Exceptional relationship building and interpersonal skills combined with a collaborative work style.
- Focused on providing an excellent customer experience
For consideration, send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
MRES is an Equal Opportunity Employer
P.O. Box 88920
Sioux Falls, SD 57109-8920
Or via e-mail at email@example.com