ACCOUNTING ASSISTANT - SIOUX FALLS, S.D.
The Accounting Assistant provides general support for the Missouri River Energy Services Accounting Team. This position is involved with Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, General Ledger, Reconciliations (GL and bank), and miscellaneous Project Tracking. This is a part-time position with a Monday through Friday schedule, working between 30-35 hours/week, Benefits include health, dental, 401-k, and paid time off.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience with accounting software. Background with Great Plains is preferred.
• Microsoft Office experience with strong Excel skills.
• Associate Degree in Accounting or 3-4 years of accounting experience.
• High level of attention to detail.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Strong interpersonal abilities.
• Good organizational skills.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality.
• A self-starter with a flexible work style.
• Demonstrates ownership and accountability.
Please send your resume and cover letter describing your qualifications for the position to firstname.lastname@example.org.
ENERGY SCHEDULER - SIOUX FALLS, S.D.
MRES is expanding our Operations Department to a 24 x 7 environment, resulting in openings for two Energy Schedulers. This position is responsible for monitoring the MRES load and resource positions in electric markets, evaluating marketing and scheduling options to optimize the positions, scheduling generation and load requirements, and directing the operation of generation resources to satisfy the energy needs of our 61 member municipals. In response to market signals, the Energy Scheduler manages the MRES load and resource positions within the electric market; communicates and interacts with regional transmission organizations Midcontinent Independent System Operator (MISO) and Southwest Power Pool (SPP), power companies, natural gas schedulers, and power plant operators on a regular basis; oversees energy schedule deliveries and market transactions to meet purchase and sales agreements; on a day-ahead and real-time hourly basis; and performs settlement statement checking, energy accounting, and reconciliation with MISO, SPP, and other utilities.
• Outstanding math and analytical skills.
• Superior attention to detail.
• High level of initiative and ability to think and act quickly in a fast paced environment.
• Strong mechanical aptitude.
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Demonstrated competencies in problem-solving and economical decision making.
• Customer centric approach to build strong relationships.
• Collaborative work style and the ability to interact well within a team.
• Computer competence at an Intermediate skill level in Microsoft Excel and Word.
• Associate Degree in Energy, Mathematics, Engineering, Economics, Business, Accounting, or two years of post-high school education in those fields. Degrees and education in related fields will be considered.
• Capability to work 9 hour or 12 hour rotating shifts, travel occasionally for training.
• Experience in energy scheduling or energy marketing.
• Exposure to electric generation rotating equipment.
• Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Engineering, Economics, Business, Accounting, or a closely related field.
Headquartered in Sioux Falls, S.D., Missouri River Energy Services is a joint action agency supporting our 61 member municipalities that own and operate their own electric distribution systems. We are dedicated to supplying our members with reliable, cost effective, long term energy and energy services in a fiscally responsible and environmentally effective manner. MRES offers an outstanding work environment that promotes a long lasting career. We provide competitive wages and comprehensive/low cost benefits. Learn more about us by viewing our website at www.mrenergy.com.
Please send your resume and cover letter describing how you meet the qualifications to email@example.com.
MRES is an Equal Opportunity Employer
P.O. Box 88920
Sioux Falls, SD 57109-8920
Or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org